Volunteering at Lifeskills Plus
Lifeskills Plus originated in 1991 by the hard work and community goodwill of volunteers who were passionate about ensuring there were opportunities for people with disabilities in our local community.
Since that time Lifeskills Plus has grown from strength to strength according to the needs of people with disabilities and their families in our area – with new premises, additional services and a new name along the way. The things that have remained constant however are the work of our volunteers and support from our local community. Both continue to play very important roles in our organisation.
People help at Lifeskills Plus when they volunteer their time and energy, interest and skills by:
- Assisting staff in direct care activities such as sewing, woodwork, swimming, growing vegies, creative arts.
- Driving Lifeskills Plus vehicles for travel and transport for people with disabilities
- Assisting with organisation of fundraising events that enable Lifeskills Plus’ to provide additional services and exceptional standards
- Overseeing the direction of the organisation through active involvement as members of the Lifeskills Plus Inc. Board of Directors.
If you have skills you would like to share, we would love to hear from you,
Call 02 6372 6440 or fill out the form on the left.
- To assist with direct care support and volunteer driving please ask for Janet Stait
- To assist with fundraising events please ask for Carolyn Peek
- To obtain further information about the Board of Directors please ask for Carolyn Peek